Welding and Fabrication Consultancy
NIQ Oil and Gas Limited is a specialist company with a high focus on welding and fabrication of pipes, equipment and machines using various types of materials such as carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex, super duplex and titanium.
We are committed to ensuring that all products are of the highest and best quality. We are equipped to handle large welding and fabrication works in both the onshore and offshore industries. This is underpinned by our experienced personnel and an advanced workshop, with a strive to keep the highest standards in welding and fabrication within the on and offshore industries.
NIQ offers extensive industry and R&D experience in materials and welding process selection for different industry sectors. We support all aspects of welding engineering delivery but not limited to:
- Review contract and fabrication requirements in accordance with relevant welding and fabrication codes and standards
- Materials selection and welding requirements for all project phases and work scopes
- Underwater wet and dry hyperbaric welding for repair and maintenance of shallow and deep-water pipelines
- Development of technically and economically effective welding and repair procedures in accordance with relevant welding standards
- Writing of specifications for welding of carbon steel, stainless steel (duplex piping), and nickel alloys, structural welding and non-destructive testing (NDT).
- Development of Welding procedure and specification of welder/welding operator qualification, design of welded joint, and approval of NDT procedure and results.
- Audit of welding quality system in accordance with ISO 3834
- Engineering critical analysis (ECA) and integrity assessment across different projects
- Application and verification of compliance to Codes and Standards including ASME VIII, ASME IX, ASME B31.3, DNV-OS-F101, API 1104, AWSD1.1, BS/EN/ISO standards, and ABS Rules.
We have engineers that are Versatile in materials and welding engineering possessing extensive experience in materials and welding process selection for different industry sectors including Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear, Marine, Medical, Construction, and Transport, etc. In-depth knowledge of welding metallurgy of carbon and low alloy steels, stainless steels, nickel alloys, super-martensitic and duplex steels, as well as a good understanding of fracture mechanics and engineering critical assessment methods. Extensive experience in underwater wet and dry hyperbaric welding for repair and maintenance of shallow and deep-water pipelines.
Our services include but are not limited to, full-service fabrication and installation of process piping, oil and gas fabrication, and structural steel. We also offer in-house drawings, hydro-testing and pipe supports. We provide offshore and onshore construction services to our clients from the fabrication of:
- Riser protectors for FPSO’s
- Structural decks
To the prefabrication of:
- Piping spools
- Structural support for onshore development
We also have expertise in welding various steel using SMAW and TIG welding processes.
Other services include:
- Structural fabrication
- Piping fabrication
- Pressure vessel fabrication
- Welders Certification
- The hiring of Fabrication Yard
- Fabrication Yard Facilities
- Highly Experienced Welding Support
- Structural Fabrication and Construction Support Services on Offshore and Onshore Platforms
- Tank, Vessel, Pipe, Tubes and Heat Exchangers Cleaning
- Post weld heat treatment (PWHT)
- Blasting & Painting Service
- Fire Proofing & Insulation
- Installation/Upgrade of onshore/offshore production process facilities & platform
NIQ offers a breadth and depth of knowledge and practical experience with a team of skilled fabricators and welders, primarily within the oil, gas and renewable industries.
PROCESS DESIGN AND OPERATIONS
NIQONG has a great deal of process design, operations, and process safety experience. While our direct offshore experience is limited, the fundamentals of processing materials onshore or offshore are the same, however, just like many other markets, offshore processes have their own set of special considerations (safety features, space constraints, weight issues, etc.). This adaptability means we can easily pick up on the defined requirements of any given platform operation or floating production, storage, and offloading facilities (FPSOs), and provide process design services that get the job done and comply with these requirements. NIQONG can provide many front-end process design and process safety services to offshore operations.
Our services include:
- Conceptual process design development
- Capital Project Development Support (FEL-1, 2, 3)
- Front End Engineering Design packages (FEED) and FEED verification
- Preliminary and final process design packages (basic engineering/schedule)
- Technical and economic process alternatives evaluations and feasibility studies
- Design calculations and technical reporting
- Process simulations and modelling
- Mass and energy balances
- Unit operation design/evaluation
- Debottlenecking studies
- Piping system hydraulics calculations
- Process control scheme development
- Control system startup, tuning, optimization
- Creating Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), and Process Control Diagrams (PCDs)
- Process/equipment bid package preparation.
- Equipment specifications, and vendor technical / cost proposal evaluation and recommendations
- Detail design and construction phase process oversight and support
- Commissioning and startup support
- Process evaluation, troubleshooting and optimization.
- Conducting Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs) and developing risk management plans
- Independent 3rd party design review
- On-site process modification/construction oversight
- Commissioning and startup
- Troubleshooting and optimization
- Development of operating procedures
- Development of process documentation
- Perform technical and business presentations with clients and employees.
- Provide engineering required to produce drawings for the installation of process equipment and systems according to client standards.
- Provide engineering consulting associated with the construction of industrial production facilities, semiconductor tool installations, Process and Mechanical Piping system design related to facility engineering.
- Responsible for maintaining various administrative and engineering databases in support of job tracking, engineering data, equipment facilitation, etc.
- Specify critical components for design projects and is responsible for assuring designs to meet all applicable codes and regulations. This requires continual review and analysis of new equipment, applications, and technology.
- Perform field inspections of existing systems.